Monday, September 21, 2009

Safari Trips

"If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair."
- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784) British lexiographer.





















My dear friend, yes, I could not have had this trip if not for my
dear friend, whom I have not seen for a while but have kept in contact with, now and then. And what do you know, she is based in Malaysia, now and then too, way to go! (How I decided to go to Malaysia).

My last sight-seeing venture was allotted to what I considered my best. You would like it there too because others did, especially those who went with kids.

My favorite site was Malacca (or Melaka). One day, however, was surely not enough to cover all grounds, if I may say. Looking at the bright side, at least I got a taste of historical Malaysia and was able to join the Safari tour at A' Famosa. Goody!

I went to Malacca on my own in a taxi, or should we say teksi (Malaysian). It took me about 90 minutes from Kuala Lumpur to my destination. It is worth the drive. On my way there, I got to see beautiful palm trees lined up at the side of the road. Loved the scenery.

The taxi driver, Jack, and I were engaging in some chitchat once in a while. He was feeding me with local stories and a little of history. He was sharing profiles of his former customers and where they went, in case I was interested. He is cool guy, Jack. He is not a pain when he talked for he knew when he needed to stop so we can have silence, as I inhaled the view before me as he was driving.

I kept on looking at the lines and lines of dark green palm trees on hilly land at the sides of the road and the wide blue sky above. It was about 9 am and no glare of the sun. The weather was cool for it was drizzling.

I was telling Jack that I am worried I may not enjoy the Safari because of the rain. It was actually raining at Kuala Lumpur. I had to bring a very large umbrella, which of course I left with Jack. I do not want to carry much while walking. He assured me that it won't be so, no rain when we get to Melaka, and he was right.

At A' Famosa, I had my very own Safari moments.
(Tourist attractions visited: Genting, Malacca City, Batu Caves, A' Famosa, Melaka)

About Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Related Information