Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tours Holidays

Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.
Benjamin Disraeli
















Melawat Melaka Bererti . . .
Melawati Malaysia
!




















Into the heart of Malacca City, I go! It was a long trip from
Kuala Lumpur to Malacca, but it's worth the effort for this is where you get the taste of Malaysia's culture. Wow!

Malacca has adopted this cool slogan, Visiting Malacca Means Visiting Malaysia. It is rich in cultural heritage and bears several places of historical interest.

Malacca houses a number of modern shopping complex to attract more visitors to the state. This includes Mahkota Parade Shopping Centre at Plaza Mahkota, Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall (situated at the historical field of Padang Pahlawan, where Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al Haj announced the independence day of the Federation of Malaysia), Melaka Mall Shopping Complex (formerly known as Kotamas Shopping Complex), A' Famosa Safari and Theme Park and Plaza Melaka Raya at the Taman Melaka Raya.

Malacca is Malaysia's oldest port as well. Ayan ako sa may baba ng bapor. The place boasts of the richest history in all of Malaysia, perfect for learning more about the country's fascinating past.

Can you see that tower-like structure? It is Menara Taming Sari, the first revolving Gyro Tower in Malaysia. This is a must-ride as you take in the view way up there.

Over there is St. Peter's Church, the oldest Catholic church, built in 1710. It used to be frequented by Portuguese Catholics. Jack, my teksi (taxi) driver brought me here so I can pray. I thought he was going to show me the different mosques, for I am amazed by the mosques. I think we kinda not understood each other. Anyway, he was so proud of this very old church that he wanted me to see it.

I went inside the adoration chapel where I gave thanks for the wonderful and marvelous things I have been experiencing. (Other places I went: Safari, Genting, Batu Caves A' Famosa, Melaka)
(How I decided to go on a trip to Malaysia)

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.
Robert Louis Stevenson

Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Related Information