Thursday, August 20, 2009

Last Minute Accommodation




















Last Minute Accommodation


Yes, I am going! I hear her say.

I am going to Malaysia twice this month, was what my friend relayed to me. She said she'll be off a couple of days from then. I jokingly said, what if I went with you. She said yes but she would be on a business trip so I would practically be on my own. She confessed that her son was sick so she was not really sure if she'll go now or a week from now.

Going on a trip to a place I have never been. I did not know much about Malaysia except from TV and magazines and practically not so much about traveling, except about stories from friends and a short trip to Hong Kong, but that was with the family a long time ago. Even the airports have changed now, you know. I have become a Jurassic traveler, practically out-dated, that is.

Okay, what do I do first? No need for a visa, just a passport that is not expired of course. What do I need? I need a plane ticket and a place to stay. Wow, instant decision and last minute accommodation, and to think I am a newbie here. But I know everything is on-line now as long as you have the budget. Cash or card will do. I must think of going and not the not-going, to focus on the can do and not the can't do.

Where in Malaysia are you going? I had the sense to ask by now. She said, she'll be off to Kuala Lumpur. She showed me a photo of the Petronas Towers for she has been there a lot of times.

My friend decided to go only the day before the trip because she was worried about leaving her sick son. I would not go alone. If she postponed her trip it's okay, we just have to reschedule, but I just kept on hoping and hoping and praying.

She finally called that night to tell me, "Okay, you can sleep now, we will go to KL tomorrow morning."

Kulala Lumpur, Malaysia, a memorable place for me. My trip was worth all the anxieties I put myself through.
(My Dream To Travel,Preparing My Trip To Malaysia)

Selamat Datang!
(Tourist attractions visited:
Safari, Genting, Malacca City, Batu Caves, A' Famosa, Melaka)


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain

There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it. Charles Dudley Warner

Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Related Information