Monday, July 5, 2010

Getting the Stress Out



One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.
Henry Miller

I loved being alone in the island. It's called "Monkey Island", at A' Famosa in Melacca.

Actually, I can't find the monkeys. Do you think there is a possibility that they were referring to the visitors as the monkeys, that's why the name Monkey Island? Okay, just fooling around a bit.


I was there standing in front of the water, feeling serene. I found a bench where I sat down. I also found a lady staff. Your guess is right, she took my photo, of course, for souvenir.

I spent some more exhilarating moments at this place, watching peacocks' tails go wishy-washy to the left then to the right, nice rhythm.

I strolled around, deeply inhaling the cool fresh air. What a way to de-stress. This is great! I'm blessed.

A little later I saw the raft approaching the island, ready to pick up a relaxed, refreshed, grateful "me".


A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Related Information